Internal IT departments are continually challenged to demonstrate their unique value to the business. Professionals are encouraged to step up and be strategic business partners. They need to adopt a consulting approach to interactions with their business partners. This shift is one of both mindset and skill set. Our IT Business Consulting Program provides an in depth, practical training in consulting skills that are needed throughout the lifecycle of a project from design through implementation. While it is designed as a nine day course of three modules over six months, it can be customized to meet the needs of your organization.
- Enhance the recognition of IT as a critical value creator for the business.
- Facilitate a transition from reactive “order-taker” to proactive “order-shaper”; from business vendor to strategic business partner.
- Deepen ITs understanding of important business levers needed to impact through technology solutions.
- Reduce the number of project failures and wasted company resources.
- Foster greater respect and collaboration between IT and the business. Reduce pockets of fear and mistrust that can undermine success.
- Provide IT with a common tool kit for business consulting throughout the entire project lifecycle from needs requirements through project implementation and evaluation. This may support or replace implementing Agile.
- Enhance the capability of IT professionals to help business partners identify their true needs and how they are best satisfied—through technology or other interventions.
- Provide tools to increase creativity and innovation in designing solutions.
- Distinguish expert and process consulting roles and learn when to use each for higher quality results.
- Develop better listening, motivation and influence skills for all project phases.
- Reduce resistance and nonproductive conflict in change management efforts.